I felt pretty good this week! Most days I felt good both mentally and physically. Even when I encountered car problems (on Thursday), I handled it well and my mental health was still strong. Like I mentioned last week, I think my mental health as a whole is doing better because of my daily yoga sessions.

I had a particularly good and helpful yoga session on Saturday, as I was feeling down and then doing yoga made me feel better mentally. I made note that I was not anxious, but rather feeling down. I wonder if yoga improves my mental health more when I am feeling sad, rather than when I am feeling anxious. This would be a surprising finding for me, since I started this yoga journey to help specifically with anxiety (and not sadness or depression).

I found a super interesting and informational article that talks about how doing yoga might help reduce depression and sadness. According to the article, because depression/sadness and stress/anxiety are closely related, things that are good for one are likely good for the other.

Next time I am feeling sad, I think I will try following a yoga video that is geared toward reducing sadness and depression. Hopefully it will help me to feel better after, like it did on Saturday. There are a few to choose from, but this is one I would like to try in the future.

Now that I am thinking about it, have any of y’all used yoga to help lessen depression or sadness?