This week’s yoga sessions went well. Most days I felt good mentally, but I felt like my body was carrying some stress. My muscles felt tight and sore throughout the week, but I always felt better after my yoga sessions. On Tuesday I followed a Youtube pilates video, and while it felt intense to do that and then yoga, my body felt good. It felt pushed in a good way. I was worried that I would feel really sore the next day, but I didn’t!

For the few days when my mind felt anxious and stressed, the yoga didn’t really help. I still find it strange that I don’t often notice a change in anxiety level following my yoga sessions. Yoga is well known to help with anxiety, so I am very surprised that it hasn’t helped make me feel better mentally right after doing it. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I do think my mental health is better in general, and that is likely from doing the yoga. So although I thought that yoga would give me some quick and maybe short term benefits, I have found that the benefits from yoga are more general and long lasting. My overall mental health is generally strong, and I believe that is from doing the yoga (as I have not changed anything else in my life, and I am still crazy busy).

I have heard from many different people that anxiety is often stored in our hips. I found a yoga video that is specifically for anxiety, and it focuses on opening up the hips. My goal for next week is to try this video and record how it makes me feel! This is the video:

What yoga videos have y’all tried and liked? I am always looking for videos that others have found helpful!