My favourite topic I learned about in EDCI 336 was inquiry projects. Because it was one of our assignments, we were able to deeply engage with the topic. I feel like I learned a lot from exploring my own inquiry, and that knowledge will help me to guide and aid students in their inquiry projects.

I also really enjoyed learning about AI, as it is something that I was not very familiar with prior to the course. In EDCI 336, we were introduced to some AI websites and apps, and I found it fun to use those. I had the most fun exploring Craiyon and Notion, which each allow users to use AI in different ways. Below is a video that shows you how to use Craiyon, if anyone is interested in checking it out!

I found practicing some of the tech skills like screen casting and video editing to be the most challenging part of this course. Despite that it was my least favourite aspect of the course, I know it is very important to practice and have those skills to use for when I am a teacher.

I plan to bring a few aspects from this course into my teaching. Firstly, I plan to start using AI to help me in the lesson planning process to explore ideas. Secondly, I plan to bring more technology into the classroom than I had planned before. There were so many ways to use technology in the classroom, and it became apparent that it was something that would likely affect many students positively. Lastly, I want to introduce the idea of learning pods to my future students. I found that the learning pods were a good way to stay accountable for our assignments, and I enjoyed the collaboration aspect of it.

Overall, EDCI 336 was a very informative, explorative, and fun course, and that is how I want my classes to feel for my future students! What were y’alls favourite parts of the course?